Michael Kelly Mod Shop 1967 Double Duncan
Mod Shop 1967 Double Duncan
Our standard 1967 model was built around a Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid Humbucker and man that sucker sounds good. We worked with Duncan to cook up a new Mod Shop-worthy combo. The ideal partner to the Custom in the bridge was a well-evolved neck and mid pickup set called the Classic Stack Plus. These have a vintage level sparkle and chime , but without the typical 60 cycle hum. With some cool technology tricks these are noiseless while still sounding antique in every other way. What a nice combination with the Mod Shop 67!
THE MICHAEL KELLY MOD SHOP
Welcome to The Mod Shop – where we’ve customized our popular 1967 model to bring you something even more special. The Mod Shop 67 has Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus pickups and enhanced electronics. It’s equipped with our Epic 11 Boutique Mod to give you 11 unique sound settings. In stock Mod Shop guitars are customized and shipped in 5 to 10 business days.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Probably the best known pickup company in the world, Seymour Duncan is a leader. They earn that position daily with great pickups. We have enjoyed teaming with them to find just the right Duncans for our model.
EPIC ELEVEN MOD
The Epic Eleven electronics hot-rod mod delivers maximum sonic versatility. With Epic Eleven you get to break away from the typical 5 tones limitation of a traditional 5-way switch wiring. The secret sauce is the added mini-toggle, which allows you to add in the neck pickup into configurations where it would not normally be available. The second way that the Epic Eleven Mod adds sonic options is with a push-pull on the Master Volume which allows you to coil tap the bridge humbucker, switching from hum to a vintage single coil tone.
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Binding: Genuine Flame Maple
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood (Maple on Tobacco Burst)
- Fretboard Radius: Compound 10.5" to 16"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Headstock: Bird's Eye Maple Top
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Electronics: Epic Eleven boutique mod, delivering 11 distinctive sound options
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid Humbucker (TB-16b)
- Hardware Finish: Gold with Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Grover Locking Tuners
- Bridge Type: Michael Kelly Twin-Edge, 2 point floating tremolo