Michael Kelly Triad
The Triad Port has a bold new look, but it is much more. This offset soundhole placement was designed to create a larger resonate surface on the guitars’ tops. The Michael Kelly craftsmen then tuned the bracing, side sound holes and top to optimize this design. You are going to love the way this sounds.
Acoustic guitar design has not changed significantly since the pre-World War II era. For several years now, the Michael Kelly team has been working on a fresh new approach to acoustic guitars. This has culminated with the development of the new Port Technology. At the core of this innovation is an offset sound hole approach coupled with an all new bracing design.
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Triad 3-Piece Exotic Wood Back, Flamed Okume & Ovangkol
- Side Material: Flamed Okoume
- Binding: Real Flame Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 12 Inch / 30.48 cm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Mini Dots, with Triad 12th
- Headstock: Traditional MK Acoustic
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Standard C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: Discrete Fishman Sonitone Active System
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: Zero-End Pin
- Special "Port" offset soundhole placement with Port bracing to enhance top resonance.
- Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
- Side soundhole for added air movement and a great new tone for the player.