Rick Turner B4 Bass
The Acoustic Bass Guitar (ABG) is a quixotic beast in the low-end jungle. While it’s possible to build an instrument with as much craftsmanship and beauty as any fine acoustic guitar, the acoustic output of many ABGs is essentially useless. They can be amplified to gig volume, but dealing with feedback is inevitable, and one often encounters poorly tuned piezo systems and janky electronics. These realities inspired veteran luthier Rick Turner—who has been on the leading edge of electronics and custom lutherie since helping to start up Alembic in 1970— to approach the ABG from a new perspective, ultimately resulting in his..
- Top: Okoumé
- Body: Okoumé with Abalone Purfling
- Binding: Black ABS
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Mahogany - Natural Satin Finish
- Binding: None
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: Abalone Dots
- Headstock: Rick Turner Designed
- Scale Length 34 in / 863.6 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Standard C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Type: Standard
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Strings: D'Addario EXL170 Nickel Wound Bass, Light, 45-100, Long Scale
- Electronics: USA made Seymour Duncan® Rick Turner D-TAR Wave-Length System
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Diecast
- Bridge Type: Rick Turner Design with 7 degree saddle tilt - strings through body